My Windshield is Damaged! Do I Need to Replace or Repair it?
Hey, we get it. A damaged windshield is always an inconvenience, but then so are taxes, flat tires, and expired warranties, right? The fact is, if you drive a vehicle, at some point you must deal a cracked or broken windshield. Crackmasters (Edmonton – West End) understands that you must take time from your day to get the repair done, so we replace or repair your windshield with the utmost professionalism, in a timely manner, in a temperature-controlled shop, with auto-glass rated for Alberta’s changing climate, and with the best customer service in the business.
The best way to know if you need to replace or repair your windshield is to come in and let us have a look, but here is a general guide:
- Cracks that don’t touch the sides of the windshield in two places
- Cracks under 15 inches
- crack that are straight or gently curved
- Cracks with small chips along the crack (under a quarter in size)
- Small chips (under a loonie)
- Small cracks or chips that are smaller than a Loonie
- Damage that is fresh, therefore clean and has not begun to spread (are clean and uncontaminated)
- Cracks that run all the way to the sides of the windshield
- Any damage that obscures the driver’s sightlines
- Multiple damage all over the windshield and/or old damage that cannot be cleaned out to properly cure
- Damage that penetrates the windshield’s safety glass layers
- Pitting / scratching oxidizing… basically you want a fresh view
Don’t take chances. Get those cracks and chips looked after promptly to avoid a small repair turning into a full replacement, or a full replacement turning into a hazardous situation.
Follow @YEGwindshield on Social Media (search for #YEGwindshield)
Follow us on Twitter (@YEGwindshield) https://twitter.com/YEGwindshield, Facebook (@YEGwindshield) https://business.facebook.com/yegwindshield/ and Instagram @YEGwindshield) https://www.instagram.com/yegwindshield.
We want to be the best Edmonton Windshield repair shop